INDIAN ARMY MAKE PROJECTS SEMINAR 2018
0900-1400 hrs | 29 October 2018 | India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi
The Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers in association with the Indian Army is organizing a Seminar on "MAKE Projects" of Indian Army at 0900 hrs, Monday, 29 October 2018 at Jacaranda Hall, India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi.
MAKE process is at the very heart of Make in India. This category was formally introduced in DPP 2016 as a separate chapter with an emphasis on import substitution, wider participation of Indian industry, incentives for the MSME sector and self-reliance. This process, post various deliberations was refined with a Simplified Make -II procedure this year which shortens timelines, solicits a wider vendor base as also encompasses provisions for Suo Moto proposals by the Industry. As many as 21 proposals of the Indian Army are in various stages of progress since 2016. There are eight more proposals including some Suo Moto Proposals which have been approved and will be listed on MoD website shortly.
The event will provide a platform to discuss as well as interact with the industry on MAKE process, more so after the new simplified MAKE-II procedure, promulgated this year. It will also provide a forum for ideation between Indian Army, academia and the Industry to take this process forward and be a harbinger of change in times to come.
The seminar will be followed by One-On-One interaction with key professional (sponsoring) directorates of Indian Army.
The objective of the seminar is to disseminate the list of ‘Make’ Projects identified by the Indian Army to the perspective industry participants. The details of requirements, such as main equipment, end use, broad specifications, enabling technologies, estimated long-term quantity, anticipated timelines for projects, etc., of these identified projects, shall be presented by the Army.
The proceedings of the seminar will be followed by for One-on-One meetings with the professional directorates of the Indian Army. The following directorates are slated to attend the seminar:
- Directorate of Mechanised Forces
- Directorate of Artillery
- Directorate of Army Air Defence
- Directorate of Signals
- Directorate of Infantry
The following projects will be discussed at the seminar:
- Rectifier cum Accumulator for Armoured Vehicles
- Night Fire Control System For AGS-30
- 3rd Generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- Terminally Guided Munitions
- Fuel Cell Based Battery Charger
- 120 mm Extended Range Mortar Ammunition
- Augmented Reality Based Head Mounted Display System
- Proxy Base Trans Receiver System
The industry participants would be able to seek clarifications various aspects of the 'MAKE' procedure such as eligibility and selection criteria for participation, timelines DPP processes such as the release of EOI / selection of Development Agencies, etc., in relation to the list of projects to be unveiled during the seminar. The industry participants would also be able to discuss various aspects of requirement specifications, technologies involved and the role of other agencies such as DRDO, DGQA as may have been envisaged.
The seminar will, therefore, provide a unique opportunity to both, the officials of IHQ MOD (Army) and prospective industry participants to share their views on the “Make” projects, which will be unveiled during the seminar, with critical takeaways: -
- Disseminate projects information to prospective industry participants
- Gain critical inputs such as industry capability, availability of key enabling technologies, anticipated timeframe, any areas of concern or capability and technology gap, number of interested industries, etc. for implementation of each project.
- Gather relevant industry inputs for preparing a feasibility report for each project
- Receive first-hand information on envisaged 'MAKE' projects of the Indian Army and the anticipated timelines for DPP processes
- Interact with the professional directorates of Army, and seek clarifications and detailed technical information on all aspects of the projects
- Express preliminary interest to the authorities to receive Notice for EOI
- Obtain all requisite project inputs at a preliminary level to evaluate the opportunities and prepare for participation
Participation fee for the seminar is Rs. 4,000/- per delegate.