MINISTRY OF DEFENCE AND INDIAN DEFENCE & AEROSPACE INDUSTRY DELEGATION TO ISRAEL
Defence relationship between India and Israel has matured into one of mutual trust and confidence over the years. Since the renewal of formal diplomatic relations in 1992, defence cooperation between the two countries has been one of the main pillars of bilateral engagement. India has been importing critical defence technologies from Israel amounting to 15% of our entire defence imports (against US’s 12%). Though much of Indian exports are centered around Offsets servicing, the GoI is making concerted efforts for Indian Exports to align with the Global Exports supply chain which is likely to graduate to platform level in coming years. In addition, both the Armed Forces and MoD have been cooperating through Joint Working Group (JWG) and exchange of high-level visits.
It has been the constant endeavor of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) to provide a platform for the Indian Industry to interact with potential foreign counterparts for possible business cooperation. CII has successfully mounted Indian Defence and Aerospace Industry Delegation to Israel in 2016 and 2017.
The Ministry of Defence has requested SIDM to coordinate the industry participation – both public and private – to visit Israel from 3-6 June 2019 coinciding with ISDEF (4-6 June). The delegation would be hosted by SIBAT, the International Defense Cooperation Directorate of Israel Ministry of Defense.
· Business Opportunities for Global Export from India; Integrating into the Israeli Global Supply Chain.
· Opportunity to discover the potential of partnering with the SP’s for Joint production in four main platforms i.e Aircrafts, Helicopters, Submarines & Armor Vehicles.
· Opportunity to present your company capability to the Israeli Industry (limited slots).
· Meetings with senior officials of Israeli Ministry of Defence and SIBAT.
· Opportunity to interact with senior diplomats of Indian Embassy.
· B2B meetings with leading Israeli companies, both large and MSME having niche technologies, to discuss potential business collaborations.
· Visit to Manufacturing facilities of select Israeli Defence & Aerospace companies to understand global best practices in manufacturing.
· Visit to ISDEF 2019 (ISDEF is the largest and leading International Defense, Homeland Security and Cyber event in Israel, where key players in the fields of military, law enforcement, homeland security, cyber, and prominent policymakers have the opportunity to meet).